Monday, October 29, 2012

No Drawing Is An Island




We just had out first snowfall. It always does something to me.



How are these two pictures related? ( The one above and the one below.) Would you believe that they came from the same sketch?


Here is the drawing below that I actually did in 2005. I just recently came across it and had to transpose it. Below the drawing is the color scheme that I was originally working on but I ended up turning it into a landscape. It's alright but I'm not crazy about it. And probably because of that, I started to play around with it. You can see the sequence of events that then leads to the image at the top.

After arriving at this unsuspecting location, my mind was afresh in choosing a completely different color treatment for my original figure drawing. Click on any of the images for a larger view.